Thanks to all who came to my talk “Data Visualization in HTML5 with jQuery & Wijmo” at Silicon Valley Code Camp.
HTML5 offers rich new options for data visualization like SVG and Canvas. We will look at the new technology available in HTML5 as well as tools to help use it. Wijmo is a jQuery library that makes charting in SVG easy and work in every browser. We will use it to build some killer dashboards in HTML5. With Wijmo we can create bar charts, line charts and pie charts with just a single line of jQuery. We can use simple html tables to get data from or load in data using Ajax. This session will walk you through from the basics to advanced data visualization in HTML5.
Get the code here: Data-Visualization-in-HTML5 on GitHub
- Wijmo – UI for the Web. Data Visualization tools used in this session.
- RaphaelJS – Cross-browser SVG library
- AmplifyJS – Cross-browser offline storage
- Socket.IO – Cross-browser WebSockets
- RespondJS – Cross-browser CSS3 Media Queries
Thanks again for coming. If you don’t mind, I would love to hear what you thought of the presentation. Please take a minute and rate it here. http://spkr8.com/t/8686